Friday, January 19, 2007

Halfway

This is the morning after my fourth of eight treatments, and the last of the drug combination that most women feel is the worst (Adriamycin and Cytoxin, or “AC”). No “morning after hangover” fortunately – when Michael asked me how I would like to celebrate, I suggested a big glass of sparkling water (alcohol still holds very limited appeal).

I have been slow to write again after my last entry, not because I have been feeling ill or because I have been too busy styling my wig (although that is HARD! I thought that years of doing hair for Barbie as a child might help, but no luck, I still can’t master the round barrel curling iron – I had to give up and take her into the wiggery yesterday for a $40 touchup). No, I’ve just been occupied with life, which feels great.

They say that every woman with breast cancer handles treatment differently, and I am grateful to be one of the lucky ones so far. Apart from my every-other-Thursday chemo sessions and my follow-up appointments the next day, I have been at work full time (which includes late night emails, breakfast and dinner meetings, and spending most Sunday evenings on the computer getting ready for the week ahead). We have cooked dinner for friends, gone to the theater, gone to the gym. Thanks to Michael’s parents, who have been in town this week, we are also making great progress on finishing all the little jobs on the apartment left over after last year’s renovation, wallpapering, grouting and making all the small adjustments the contractors overlooked or couldn’t be bothered with – at last, nearly 2 years after we bought it, the apartment feels finished!

Apart from going to bed an hour or two earlier (which Michael, who normally needs more sleep than I do and gets up an hour earlier, says is the best Christmas present I could have given him), we are living our lives as we always have. That, combined with the ongoing support we’ve been given by our friends near and far, new and old, close and haven’t seen in years, has made an enormous difference to my mental health – and it seems to be working on my physical health too. Thanks to all of you for being such an important part of my recovery, and stay tuned for the ALL the way there celebration 10 weeks from now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't "heard" from you for awhile and was starting to wonder. I am so glad you have been one of the lucky ones and the treatment has been less "life disrupting" than it could have been. Thinking of you! Love sara

2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been thinking of you, checking regularly for updates, and, like Sara, was wondering. I am thrilled to hear how well you have been responding to the treatment, both physically and emotionally.
I know you will continue to do beautifully, especially since the particularly difficult combination of drugs is over. This is a terrific achievement. I am toasting you with a big glass of sparkling water!
Love to you,
Charlotte

8:41 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, polo lacoste, hollister pas cher, coach outlet, vans pas cher, nike air max uk, burberry handbags, lululemon canada, true religion jeans, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, timberland pas cher, new balance, michael kors outlet online, guess pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors, nike air force, coach purses, ralph lauren uk, north face uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, nike free uk, north face, nike air max, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike tn, hollister uk, hogan outlet, coach outlet store online, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, sac hermes, kate spade

11:03 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, barbour, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, converse, replica watches, pandora jewelry, doudoune moncler, canada goose uk, thomas sabo, lancel, moncler, canada goose outlet, ray ban, coach outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, supra shoes, links of london, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler outlet, hollister, gucci, toms shoes, ugg, nike air max, canada goose, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, barbour uk

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sac vanessa bruno
ugg soldes
ray ban
juicy couture outlet
lunette oakley
coach outlet online
balenciaga
vans scarpe
ray ban sunglasses
mercurial superfly
2018.1.2chenlixiang

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home