Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tour de Pink, Day 2, Part 1


Part 1, because I am blogging from the bar after another gorgeous, hilly day, and I keep getting distracted. By the fabulous survivors around me doing vodka shots, by the riders talking about tomorrow's course and by the general sense of camaraderie and achievement we are all celebrating as we go into Day 3.

We are at the Marriott in Trenton, a town whose bruised-pride civic motto - "Trenton Makes, The World Takes" - is right up there with New Hampshire's faintly threatening "Live Free or Die" for overall awesomeness. We had a beautiful ride along the Delaware River, past picturesque Bucks County towns (if anyone is looking for a lovely little atelier for artistic inspiration, I highly recommend Lumberville, PA - lots of great real estate available now!) My husband will be relieved and my mother shocked to hear that I managed to make it through New Hope without buying a single thing - although I must admit I was tempted to stop at the little antique stores along the way, as I am my mother's daughter after all.

Tonight's moving, funny and inspirational dinner and awards ceremony deserves its own entry, and I will add more about it tomorrow. But for now, suffice to say that, thanks to a little help from my friends, I was the #3 "survivor fundraiser" with over $9000, for which Giant for Women generously awarded me a $750 gift certificate. Those lines are still open - donations gratefully accepted through the end of the year!

I'm off to enjoy the evening with my fellow riders and survivors, so for now, I am including a couple photos from the road - one of the "Fantastic Five" (Brian, Karen, Chris, me and Lina) who rode most of the day together, and one from the kickoff this morning with Karen and Lina (and Greg from Hershey hamming it up in the background).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you find the energy, to ride, fundraise and 'blog'? Excellent effort all round, brilliant fund raising, one days ride to go. Your determination and sense of humour will see you to the end of the ride - we're willing you on from the UK - Sandy and Anne

3:48 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

baseball bats, soccer jerseys, ralph lauren, beats by dre, giuseppe zanotti outlet, insanity workout, iphone 6s plus cases, vans outlet, nike roshe run, mcm handbags, iphone 6 cases, instyler, abercrombie and fitch, nike trainers uk, ghd hair, mont blanc pens, north face outlet, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, herve leger, hollister, lululemon, north face outlet, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, iphone 6 plus cases, new balance shoes, nike huaraches, oakley, nike air max, iphone 5s cases, babyliss, iphone 6s cases, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo outlet, timberland boots, ipad cases, bottega veneta, longchamp uk, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, p90x workout, hollister clothing, s6 case, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, hermes belt, louboutin

11:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, barbour, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, converse, replica watches, pandora jewelry, doudoune moncler, canada goose uk, thomas sabo, lancel, moncler, canada goose outlet, ray ban, coach outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, supra shoes, links of london, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler outlet, hollister, gucci, toms shoes, ugg, nike air max, canada goose, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, barbour uk

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home